Monday, December 24, 2012

White Christmas, crazy Christmas

Being a California lad, I've not had many white Christmases. But the first snow of the season fell today in Baltimore, and the town looks remarkably picturesque. Hope all is lovely where you are.

Check in later on -- I may post something freaky about Jesus. 'Tis the season.

For now, check out Mark McKinnon's Xmas wish: "All I want for Christmas is a new GOP."
All sanity seems to have left the ranks of those in charge of the GOP—or, more accurately, those who want to be in charge. Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) demonstrated in a jaw-dropping performance Thursday on Morning Joe the depth of the problem and why we are bound to go over the fiscal cliff. He made it clear he won’t vote for a tax increase on anyone, no matter how much they make. So, by his logic, we will end up going over the cliff, and raise taxes on everybody, because he and too many others like him in the party are unwilling to raise taxes on anyone.
Yeah, but what if I want taxes to return to the Clintonian rates? What if I want military spending reduced? Maybe liberals should ask Santa to do what he can to keep the GOP just as crazy as it is.
And so, we have a Republican Party today willing to eliminate any prospect for a decent future for anyone, including itself, if it cannot be a future that is 100 percent in accordance with its core beliefs and principles. That’s not governing. That’s just lobbing hand grenades.
Consult the book of Armaments, Brother Maynard.

5 comments:

RedDragon said...

Brother Cannon....Just wanted to wish you, your lady friend and the "Hell Hound from hell Bella, a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year from Me, my family and my "Hell Hound" Sansa!

Bob Harrison said...

Ah. Xmas Eve. And here we are, dodging grenades.

Joseph Cannon said...

Thanks, RD. Thanks to all.

Bella tells me to tell Sansa "ARF!"

Twilight said...

Merry Christmas, and many of 'em to you and yours Joseph, and all here - from a currently frigid Oklahoma.

prowlerzee said...

Merry Solstice/Saturnalia and Happy impending New Year! I was crestfallen by the snow and ice today upon my return from the west coast to visit my son. But I'm glad all this White Christmas hoopla works for you and my brother, lol.

Me and my hound, whom I heard pined for me and would not play in my absence, wish happy t(r)ails to all and to all more clement times!