I was wondering how long it would take for the mighty righties to
scream that the new birth certificate is a fake. Not long at all
If the original document was in a bound volume (as reflected by the curvature of the left hand side of the certificate), how can the green patterned background of the document's safety paper be so seamless?
Duh. Because the folks who handle these things in Hawaii apparently print everything
(including scanned-in documents) on paper with that pattern.
• Why, if Obama was born on August 4, 1961, was the “Date Accepted by Local Reg.” four days later on August 8, 1961?
Dunno. Can you think of any reason why a faker would do it that way? I mean, if you're going to hoax up a document, why put in something like that? What would be the purpose?
• What is the significance of the smudges in the box containing the name of the reported attendant?
Dunno. But I've seen lots of documents with smudges. Can you think of any reason for a faker to put in smudges? How does this detail convenience the hoax theory?
• In the “This Birth” box there are two mysterious Xs above “Twin” and “Triplet.” Is there a sibling or two unaccounted for?
If it's a fake, then why are those mistakes in there? Can you think of any reason for a faker to put in misplaced marks? How does this detail convenience the hoax theory? Have you never seen a document with marks put in the wrong place?
Why are there all sorts of oddly-placed marks decorating this
certificate of birth? Is Susan Nordyke another hoaxer?
• What is the significance of the mysterious numbers, seen vertically, on the document’s right side?
That's obvious. The number 276 is an area code for Virginia -- home of the CIA!
• Finally, the “Signature of Local Registrar” in box 21 may be a desperate attempt at establishing the document’s Hawaiian authenticity. Note to forgers: it is spelled “Ukulele.”
Looks like "Vick Lee" to me. Is it so odd for there to be a guy named Vick Lee in Hawaii in 1961?
(As coincidence would have it, I used to know a girl from that state named Vicky Lee. Oh my God -- you think she's in on this?)
we have "Photoshop expert" Mara Zebest -- the third listed author of Inside Photoshop CS
-- explaining why the document is an "obvious" fake. The arguments she presents strike me as almost unfathomably stupid. (Again
with the stupid background pattern!) I can rebut this nonsense in detail, if the readers have any interest -- but I don't think that many do.