Saturday, March 19, 2011


Sorry for the delay in posting; I've been working on something special. Also, I've been wrestling with the Maryland equivalent of the Department of Motor Vehicles....
That no back seat thing again?

Up the river in Harrisburg at the Penn Dot building you go to the reception desk and get a number for a clerk that handles what ever transaction you need. I changed my registration plate from one car to another for $6 and 30 minutes of my time.
That included figuring out I wrote the title number wrong on the application.

I have to laugh whenever the nut-jobs use the DMV as an example of big government gone wrong.
No, actually it has to do with the fact that in CA, I bought the car from the postoffice. But then when it came to register, I had it placed in my ladyfriend's name (since she'll do most of the driving). But that CA registration process was never completed. At any rate, the lady behind the couner at the MVA (Maryland's DMV) was incredibly confused by all of this and refused to issue a plate or even to take our money.

I hate to say it, but I've met a lot of really dumb people in Baltimore. I think that generations of pretty young women came out to L.A. to get into the movies, thereby draining the rest of the nation of pulchritude. Meanwhile, generations of really smart guys came to California to work in aerospace, draining brains from the rest of the country.

In fact, I've just described my mom and dad, pretty much. How they managed to whelp up my loathesome and homely self is a mystery of genetics.
Welllll....we who grew up in the area call them Baltimorons. BUT. I don't hold with that. John Waters is one of my very favorite film makers, and he didn't flee to LA. He stayed and very absorbing character studies on his fellow...Baltimorians.
Did Cal Trans give you a temporary transit (registration plate) since you were going to title it in Maryland?
You might have to get the paperwork completed in CA.
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is 

powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?