Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Cheetoland welcomes Hillary Clinton. We've ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia.

The American Communist Party did rather well in the 1930s, only to shed members rapidly when Commie Central ordered the rank and file to say nice things about Germany. A short while later, Moscow reversed its position. Only those with advanced abilities in doublethink (to use Orwell's term) stayed with the party.

Now consider the case of Markos Moulitsas, king of the PsychObot Hillary-haters. This is what he is publishing now: "Welcome Secretary Clinton: Obama's Promises to Be Kept", a headline that really does convey a Pravda-like odor. (The same person who wrote this piece apparently claimed recently that the SOS "rumors" were a Clintonian Conspiracy.)
Promise #1: Renegotiate NAFTA within six months
This one really sticks in my craw, since Obama lied so flagrantly about NAFTA during the primaries.
How wonderful that both the President-elect and his nominee for Secretary of State are so clearly on the record not only to force a renegotiation of NAFTA
Earth to Kossack: Obama is a LIAR. He said one thing about NAFTA in public, but in private, he had his economic henchman Austan Goolsbee assure the Canadians that he meant not a word of it. That, my friends, is called LYING. He was caught, well and truly caught. The Canadian government did a full investigation and pointed the finger at Barack Obama.

Daily Kos is a refuge for liars. Why doesn't the site link to this front-paged Kos story which asserted as ironclad fact a ridiculous conspiracy theory that it was Hillary, not Obama, who gave back-channel assurances to the Canadian government about NAFTA? (For the truth, go back here.)

And now if Obama reneges on his anti-NAFTA rhetoric -- which he will, although there may be some superficial "clean up" work -- the left will blame Hillary, despite the high praise which the O-man always gave to NAFTA outside of the primaries. From 2004:
“The United States benefits enormously from exports under the WTO and NAFTA.”
Six months ago (after praising NAFTA again):
“Sometimes during campaigns the rhetoric gets overheated and amplified,” –Senator Barack Obama in a Fortune magazine interview to be published Monday June 23, 2008
Check out the commentary generated by the Kos article. Some of the doublethinkers are more skilled than others:
from what I've seen she's a team player...so watch out opposition.
But we can all be tremendously relieved that Obama and Hillary are NOT ideological nutcases, and instead both are apparently intelligent, decent and mature human beings who are interested in coming up with the best solutions to our nation's many problems. Pragmatists are in charge.
Badly misreading the obvious, making crackpot conspiracy theories up out of thin air, and sticking with nonsense despite mounting evidence against it. That's the game plan that gets Townhall bloggers mocked by the left.
"Crackpot conspiracy theories." You mean like this one?

My attitude toward the Kos Krowd is simple:

Never forget. Never forgive. Never. Though the world shatter, though the heavens weep: Never forgive; never forget. Never.

14 comments:

Edgeoforever said...

Thanks so much for keeping tabs on this. I can't get that close to the orange mess - weak stomach and all.
But I recall the NAFTA lies well, as it was none other than KO screaming hs head at Hillary: "How dare you say B0 sent people to Canada when we know quite well you had to have done it too?" I remember looking for a correction when the facts came in - I was naive at that stage of the game.

Anonymous said...

Like EOF I just can't bear to go over there. Is there anyone calling them on their Orwellian schtick?

Gawd, I might just go peek.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I still have posting privileges there (probably not) but I would love to do a hit-and-run. Yes, I'm petty, yes, I'm small. I've earned it.

NEVER FORGET. NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Anna Belle said...

Word UP! I will NEVER forget the bullshit that went down there this year. The "skin-darkening" episode was my last straw. Such cynical exploitation of racial issues in the absence of any evidence was too much to bear, especially coming from a person who knows darn good and well how racism feels.

Times like this I really, really, really wish there was a hell, because everyone on earth who wasn't already brainwashed would know that fucker Marcos is going to hell.

gary said...

As for the dispute between the Obama and Clinton camps re Nafta during the campaign. I don't know who lied, or care. I like Daily Kos, and read it daily, although I sometimes disagree with things I read there. I have both forgotten and forgiven.The PUMAs will be a small footnote to history, as they should be.

Anonymous said...

I think it's quite clear that there is a financial arrangement between Kos and the O camp - God Only Knows how long it goes back. I'm not entirely sure the Republicans didn't finance it's inception.

I don't imagine we'll ever know, but it is the only thing that makes any sense.

winni said...

Thank you for a great post.

Anonymous said...

Oh God. Four years of this hypocrisy? We're doomed, but at least we'll get a lot of laughs out of it.

Thanks Joe!

The Raving Badger said...

I hope Markos gets ass cancer. Same for Josh at TPM. Fuckers....

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joseph....I agree. Let's NEVER forget and never forgive. And Anna Belle, thanks for another foul example of why we should never forget and never forgive.

As for our resident LaRouchie nut...PUMAs will outlast your little cult....mainly because we're an actual grassroots movement, not a bunch of brainwashed bots giving our money to a felon antiSemitic conman.

Perry Logan said...

I agree with your assessment, but it's an interesting thought game to imagine what we would say if Hillary had been nominated and elected, and had appointed Obama to a key post.

(I just saw a History Channel show about parallel universes, where I learned there are an infinite number of parallel universes in which Hillary was elected. So stop laughing. This is science, people.)

To answer my own question: I might be OK with some appointments and might try to "welcome" the nomination as Kos has done.

Of course, if Hillary nominated Obama for Secretary of State, I would definitely freak out.

madamab said...

Perry Logan - If Hillary got the nomination, Obama would be VP.

I'm sure he'd be having tea with diplomats in no time. It would be like in "Dave," when the VP gets sent all over the world so he doesn't get in the way of real government business.

;-)

Anonymous said...

The extreme display of nads on the part of Obama is astonishing in it's speed to run away from all campaign positions..he is more like Clinton and McCain than they would be.

I seriously think that BO actually says...What would John McCain do, what would Hillary do? with virtually all outstanding issues right now...name me ONE issue that BO has not abandoned???

NEVER FORGET the extreme poverty of thought by the MSM...and DK.

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe. Frankly, in Canada there are a lot of people who doubt any "leaks" coming out of our government of the moment. Particularly when the leak is about someone whose politics are perceived to be to the left of Attila the Hun.

My own impression is that this entire thing was concocted by the Harper regime to assist a fellow "conservative" get elected. Contrary to the usual image of Canadians, some of those guys are not terribly nice. And no more attached to the truth than is convenient.