Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Are they really that stupid?

I can't add to Josh Marshall's coverage of the robo-call scandal rocking the Kentucky governor's race. You may listen to the call yourself here. My only question is this: Are Kentuckians really so stupid -- so numbingly, skull-shatteringly, eye-poppingly capital-S STOOPID -- that they really believe in the existence of a "homosexual lobby" that calls itself "the homosexual lobby"?

Offhand, I can't think of any lobby that has ever explicitly named itself the "[fill in the blank] lobby." Which gay rights group can properly be called a "lobby"? The robocaller tells people to go to www.fair.org -- that's Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting -- because no actual pro-gay group sounds sufficiently menacing. (Who'd be afraid of Cheer, Dorothy, Cheer!?) As a little Googling will tell you, the phrase "homosexual lobby" is used only by people who don't like gays.

Would Kentuckians believe it if I told them that out here in heathenish California, we have a pro-choice group called Babykillers Against Jesus? If I start selling anti-gravity pills at $5 a bottle, will I find buyers in Kentucky?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would Kentuckians believe it if I told them that out here in heathenish California, we have a pro-choice group called Babykillers Against Jesus?

Yes.

If I start selling anti-gravity pills at $5 a bottle, will I find buyers in Kentucky?

Yes.

Anything else I can clear up for you while I'm here, Joseph?

;)

Jim

Joseph Cannon said...

Just two things, Jim. How many people in Kentucky have an extra five spot in their wallets? And can you recommend a place to stay in Lexington?

Anonymous said...

I live right across the river in Cincinnati. While I love the river cities of Covington, Bellvue and Dayton, and believe Kentucky is one of the most beautiful states I've seen, I agree with Jim. Please. This is the state that elected Senator Outburst (Jim Bunning)and famed child slimer Mitch McConnell. Yes, they are that stupid. To its credit, the state produced Mohammed Ali and George Clooney.
Urban Mee-Maw

Anonymous said...

Just two things, Jim. How many people in Kentucky have an extra five spot in their wallets?

>> As long as Californians keep paying there taxes, there should be enough to generate a market.

And can you recommend a place to stay in Lexington?

>> No, but the Days Inn is always nice, and usually within budget.

Jim