Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Randi Rhodes (UPDATE)

Lately, I've had some harsh things to say about Randi Rhodes' on-air performances. Now I'm sorry about what I said -- and I'm furious to learn that she was the victim of an atrocious crime.

She was violently assaulted while out walking her dog. According to published report, she lost teeth. Nothing was stolen, since she carried neither wallet nor valuables.

All visitors to this site will surely join me in wishing her the very best. According to an old axiom, a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. I'm sure that Randi Rhodes will disprove that idea.

(May I suggest a large Labrador? They can look intimidating, yet they get along well with smaller dogs.)

Update: Thom Hartman has announced...
On Sunday evening, October 14, Air America host Randi Rhodes experienced an unfortunate incident hindering her from hosting her show. The reports of a presumed hate crime are unfounded. Ms. Rhodes looks forward to being back on the air on Thursday.
The rightists at Little Green Footballs take these words as an indication that Randi may not have been attacked at all.

1 comment:

pencilpusher said...

Very sorry to hear about Randi Rhodes assault. I can't stand her constant interruptions of callers and her recent highly unprofessional interview with John Dean. However, no one deserves to be assaulted.