Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Briefly...

Voting machine testing: We should all congratulate BradBlog's Michael Richardson for a marvelous piece of investigative reporting: "U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair, Donetta Davidson, Knew About Problems of Voting Machine Test Labs But Kept Quiet."

The two bloggers connected with the Edwards campaign have quit.
(Original reports that they were fired were soon reversed.) It seems that they've received many thinly-veiled death threats in the mail. I disagreed with their views of the Catholic church, and I feel that it would be foolish for any candidate to associate too closely with any blogger. But I do hope some members of the clergy will address the issue of "Christians" who issue death threats to defend the faith.

It smells of disinfo: CentCom Commander William Fallon, the top commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East, joins JCS Chairman Peter Pace in refusing to endorse BushCo's theory that the Iranian government is arming the resistance in Iraq.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joseph Cannon said...

I should have known. Just mention the word "Catholic" and the mindless conspira-bigots swoop in. Dr. e, can you puh-LEEEAZE take over this gig soon? I simply cannot stand my audience any more.

Anonymous said...

Joseph, we make a lot of allowances for you, for reasons that have been cited in numerous comments since you decided to leave. But is it really necessary to alienate all of us before you go?

When I was a kid seven years old, I had a friend lived next door to me. One spring, his family moved. I went over to see him, and say goodbye. He threw clumps of mud at me and yelled at me to leave him alone. That is a true story.

But he was only seven or eight.