Friday, May 26, 2006

Clean elections

I know, I know. For as long as you and I can remember, progressives have talked about removing tainted money out of the election process. The cat always resisted belling, since any such law would require backing by legislators who live off filthy funding. But perhaps now -- in the wake of the Abramoff scandall and the MZM/Wilkes scandals and all the other scandals -- the unthinkable can be thought.

Go here. Support the cause. And when you come back, tell me if you think this goal really can be accomplished -- and, more importantly, how it can be accomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw Sen. Ted Kennedy on the Daily Show recently where he voiced his support for this kind of legislation, but also his skepticism that it could get enough support to pass. Maybe someone from MA could persuade him to take the lead in pushing this through Congress, especially if the Democrats should regain a majority in either the House or the Senate, or both.